2023 Treat Yourself
What would you do with an extra $1,000? We want to boost your budget to brighten your spirits! Whether it’s taking a great escape, enjoying a spa retreat, or pursuing your passions, here’s your opportunity to treat yourself to whatever makes you happy!
Enter alumni UBC’s 2023 Treat Yourself Student Giveaway from November 1 to 30, 2023, for a chance to win $1,000 cash from your future alumni association, alumni UBC.
Open to all currently registered UBC students.
ALUMNI UBC – Treat Yourself Giveaway Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. (READ MORE ABOUT NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)
- Promotion Description
- The Treat Yourself Giveaway Contest (\”Sweepstakes\”) begins on NOVEMBER 1, 2023 at Noon and ends on NOVEMBER 30, 2023 at Noon (the \”Promotion Period\”).
- The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is alumni UBC (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its Board of Governors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs and expenses (including lawyer’s fees and litigation Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
- Open to active registered UBC Students who are Canadian residents, and the age of majority in their province of residence, excluding Quebec residents (the “Entrant”). The Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), ), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step- siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable provincial and federal law and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- For greater certainty, where an Eligible Prize Winner is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence, as a pre-condition to the selected participant being declared the winner and receiving a Prize, the parent or legal guardian of the Eligible Prize Winner must consent in writing to the Eligible Prize Winner being declared a winner and receiving a Prize and must also sign and return to the Sponsor the Sponsor’s form(s) of Prize Claim Documents (herein defined).
- Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive $1,000 cash in the form of a cheque. Only one prize will be awarded. The Prize cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- This Sweepstakes is open to currently registered UBC students with an active student number and the Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal or provincial local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- How to Enter
- Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at alumni.ubc.ca/escape.
- Each Entrant will be asked to answer a skill-testing question and then will qualify to be entered into the draw.
- Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection
- The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion The random drawing will be conducted either before or by noon on DECEMBER 13, 2023 after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Winner Notification
- Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information within 24 hours after the random Potential Winner must accept a prize by email or via phone as directed by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
- Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to: (a) sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release, which permits UBC to post the name and photo of the Winner on its website; and (b) provide the correct answer to a skill testing question (collectively referred to herein as the “Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- Your personal information is collected by alumni UBC for the primary purpose of entering you in the Sweepstakes. It is also being shared with UBC, which is collecting it under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We may use your contact information to update our alumni mailing lists, which are used by both alumni UBC and UBC to provide information about University news, events and initiatives, including fund-raising. Any questions about the collection or use of this information should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Limitation of Liability
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
- If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- alumni UBC – 6163 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1