Good Food Should Be Shared.
Fresh Prep is proudly owned and operated in Vancouver and prioritizes partnering with local suppliers and supporting local organizations. From locally-sourced ingredients to reusable and compostable packaging, our meal kits are made with love for food and community. Choose from 10 healthy, locally-sourced meals and over 100 locally-sourced Add-Ons each week from names you know. Founded by UBC alumni, Fresh Prep is excited to offer all UBC alumni, students, faculty and staff 3 free plates on your first order (worth $40.50)!
Fresh Prep is now home of the Zero Waste Kit. The Fresh Prep Zero Waste Kit is a reusable meal kit container that significantly reduces waste from single-use plastic, and allows for an easier and more organized cooking experience. Delivered in Fresh Prep’s signature reusable and insulated cooler bags, all parts of the Zero Waste Kit are dishwasher safe and made with BPA-free reusable plastic and silicon parts. Look for the ‘Packed in a Zero Waste Kit’ badge on our weekly menu.
They currently deliver throughout Greater Vancouver, Greater Victoria, Nanaimo, the Okanagan, Calgary, Edmonton, and Red Deer.
Enter your exclusive promo code during registration* to claim your 3 free plates.
Your promo code: BDALUMNIUBC
*Apply promo code at gift voucher box on payment page.
Statement from Fresh Prep in light of COVID-19
The nature of our business:
Fresh Prep operates in a closed and controlled environment which allows us to employ the highest safety standards.
Our ingredients come directly from reputable suppliers and are never exposed to the public as they are in a grocery store. The few people who come in contact with our product are trained employees, who are required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and rigorous food safety measures.
Food safety measures we are taking:
Fresh Prep’s production facility is certified by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and we apply a high level of food safety precautions to protect against the transmission of any illness. This includes:
- Staff in food production areas being required to wear smocks, hairnets, disposable gloves and sleeve protectors.
- Strict handwashing procedures
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting cooler bags. Bag cleaning is done on a separate floor from our ingredient processing area
- We have connected with our suppliers to ensure we have no exposure to any of the majorly affected locations in our supply chain. We also review our upcoming menus to ensure we have diversified suppliers and the ability to change ingredients to mitigate any impacts.
- Delivery drivers are required to use sanitizer after each delivery; clean any touchpoints in their vehicles with disinfectant wipes; are limited to accessing only the loading bay in our facility; and to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of illness.
- Our delivery drivers are being instructed to practice no-contact delivery. This means they will limit their contact with our customers by only knocking or ringing the bell, then place delivery bags in front of your door.
Taking care of our people:
In addition to extra precautions for our customers, the health and safety of our employees is also a top priority. We have enabled the following policies to protect our people and take precautionary measures including:
- All Fresh Prep employees who can work from home will be working from home over the next few weeks to eliminate any unnecessary risks.
- Monitoring of symptoms in our staff with protocol to send them home with pay if any flu symptoms are present. If any employees are quarantined because of COVID-19 they are eligible to receive up to 14 days of paid time off to ensure they have the time needed to return to work in good health
Fresh Prep is committed to providing the best quality food, service, and care to our customers, team members and community.
Should you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 604-569-2699.