Building a strong professional network is essential to successfully establishing yourself in your early career. In today’s virtual world, it can be challenging to make new connections. Transitions: Life After Graduation is a virtual networking event to provide students and recent graduates with the opportunity to learn more about industries that interest them and build their network.
UBC alumni are invited to connect virtually with current UBC students and recent graduates to share their experiences and offer advice on jump-starting their careers. We are seeking alumni from all UBC degree programs and industries. Share networking tips and meet other UBC alumni and students for valuable career conversations on topics such as decision-making, navigating change, job searching, building your network, and establishing yourself in your early career.
- Alumni from all UBC degree programs and industries are welcome.
- Must be at least four years out from university (graduated in 2018 or earlier) to act as a career professional at this event. Otherwise, alumni are welcome to attend as job seekers.
- Should be comfortable speaking in front of a group and answering questions on the spot.
- Should be reasonably comfortable using technology (Eg. Participating in virtual meetings and completing online surveys).
- Volunteers are NOT required to be experts in networking, resumes, job search strategies, or any other related topic. Instead, we request volunteers share advice and perspective from their personal career journey and experience.
Volunteers will be expected to attend the virtual event as well as the pre-event briefing on Thursday, March 17, 2022 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm PDT. In addition, optional event rehearsals will be available to volunteers who would like more time to discuss the program and ask questions.
This event will require approximately two hours of the volunteers’ time – one and a half hours for the event and a half hour for the pre-event briefing.
Please complete the volunteer application by Sunday, February 20, 2022. We will reach out directly to volunteers with additional information.
alumni UBC Volunteers is presented by Odlum Brown Limited